incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What will be with national language sites ?
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 23:15:56 GMT
-- top posting --

Rob--

I don't think this person is subscribed. You may want to copy them on this
response.

And, we need to followup with Dave (and I think others were involved) on if
an actual template was created for NL sites. I'm not sure about this,
although Dave did provide guidance/instructions on headers/navigatin items.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Michal Hriň <michalhrin@aol.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > with 3.4.1 release the project goes on.
> >

> > My question is, what will be with the national language sites ?
> >

> > It will be abandoned (leave it as is) or it will be the same as the main
> page and translated with google translate
> >
> > or will be created the PO. files for translators ?
> >

> > Cause, the Slovak NL page isn t up to date for two years, and I don t
> now if someone maintain it.
> >

> > My idea is :
> >

> > - NL pages will be the same as main pages
> >
> > - on right corner with "news" can be writen regional news (example: we
> looking for people, regional conference is there or rhere)
> >

> So four main approaches:
>
> 1) Every NL site is different
>
> 2) Every NL site is the same
>
> 3) Template based NL site, with mainly same content, but areas for
> local customization
>
> 4) No NL pages, but just an English page with Google translation
>

> It sounds like you like #3.  I like that approach as well.  I thought
> Dave had enabled this approach, or at least was thinking of ways to do
> it.
>

> -Rob
>

> > ---
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Michal Hriň

MzK

"I would rather have a donkey that takes me there
 than a horse that will not fare."
                                          -- Portuguese proverb