incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should quickstarter be enabled or disabled by default?
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 23:03:28 GMT
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM, lou ql <louqingle@gmail.com> wrote:

> Clean install:
> 1. Win7: quickstarter is disabled by default after a fresh install
>
> 2. Ubuntu 10.04: quickstarter is enabled by default after a fresh install
>
> Upgrade: Enable quickstarter before upgrade
>
> 1. Win7, upgrade from OO3.3 to Aoo 3.4.1, quickstarter is still enabled
> after upgrade
>
> 2. Win7, upgrade from Aoo 3.4 to Aoo 3.4.1, quickstarter is disabled after
> upgrade
>
> 3. Ubuntu 10.04, upgrade from Aoo 3.4 to Aoo 3.4.1, quickstarter is still
> enabled after upgrade
> --
> Regards,
> Lou QingLe

Well supposedly problems with it have been fixed, but quickstarter does
seem to have its issues. I think I may have had it enabled a LONG time ago,
but I  don't now, and I find the performance fine. I would have it disabled
by default. Just my .02.

MzK

"I would rather have a donkey that takes me there
 than a horse that will not fare."
                                          -- Portuguese proverb