incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: preparation of download links etc.
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 23:09:17 GMT
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> 3.4.1?

> well inadvertently push to production.

> ASFAIK. No one has cut, proposed, reviewed or VOTED on any AOO 3.4.1 RC of
> any kind.

> >> Right.  We're just establishing a list of items that will need to be
> >> done once we have a release.   Some are entirely predictably and can
> >> be prepared off-line now.  For example, the final file names and paths
> >> are known, so download pages, scripts, etc., can be prepared.  I just
> >> checked in an updated stats python script to support AOO 3.4.1
> >> download stats, for example.
> >>
> >> But before things go onto the public website, or onto the blog or
> >> ooo-announce, we need an actual release, as well as time to load the
> >> mirrors.
> >>
> >> This might be a good thing to track on a wiki page, or even we
> >> webpage.  A check list of release tasks that we can refer to.
> >>

> > Ah, that's why it seemed like a good idea.  We did this with AOO 3.4 as
> well:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks
> >

> I copied that page, removed the parts not needed with AOO 3.4.1 and
> added the copy here:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Distribution+Tasks
>
> Let's work from that.
>
> -Rob

Ok, a much better idea. As Dave said, we don't even want to DO things and
let them sit in staging...changes can be published at any time.

I'm happy Marcus is around to lend a hand again! YAY!

This should go pretty smoothly I think.

> > -Rob
> >
> >> -Rob

> (DL

> some new
> stuff
> last OOo

> distribution

> structure
> for

> above. It
> the
> strictly
> immediately
> and any

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen