incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EXTERNAL: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:55:33 GMT
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Keith N. McKenna <
keith.mckenna@comcast.net> wrote:

> Steele, Raymond wrote:
>
>> Information about the Solaris port is useful to me.

 yes...I was thinking about this also. I thik we should mention them.  This
goes back to the "porting" project -- a web site area we still have not
dealt with really, but part of the legacy "ecosystem". However, readers may
wonder why they are not part of the "standard" release. So, I'm not sure
what we should say in this regard.

But, yes, we should definitely mention them them in the release notes and
provide links.  I know where to get FreeBSD, and I think OS/2 or Solaris.
Also, I'm not sure at this point what the status is of those with respect
to incorporating current fixes for 3.4.1. But, they will be at whatever
release level they are I guess.

>> The alternative would be to not mention the ports at all.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>
>>  Hi Rob;
>
> I was just considering asking the same question in regards to the 3.4.1
> Release Notes. I believe that is is worth mentioning all three platforms as
> even though they may not as yet release through the Apache infrastructure
> the work is being done within the project by people, some of whom if not
> all, are committers.
>
> Regards
> Keith

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen