incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: Preparing release notes
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:31:14 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Shenfeng Liu <liushenf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kay,
>   From the query of *Resolved341ReleaseBlocker*, I can find 96 bugs of
> critical or blocker fixed in 3.4.1. I wonder if we should refer this query
> in release notes (
>
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=Resolved341ReleaseBlocker
> )?
>   And also I feel it is not very clear about the sentence of "There were
> quite a number of non-critical issues over the same timeframe, May 8, 2012
> until 07/22/2012.". If it means the issues we fixed, I will suggest to
> replace "non-critical" to "other", since many of them are critical issues,
> as I got from the query above.
>   Thanks!
>
> - Simon

Hi Simon--

OK, I will recheck what I did. Some filtering issues on my part no doubt.
Truthfully, I was getting what I would call inconsistent results with some
of what I was doing.

This--

"There were
quite a number of non-critical issues over the same timeframe, May 8, 2012
until 07/22/2012."

does not mean issues we fixed but non-critical issues that are still
outstanding, some of which are confirmed, some not.

We could just not mention them at all if you like.

OK, other matters, for this release, should we just be using resolutions
that are specifically targeted to 3.4.1? I think that is where some of my
logic is amiss -- especially based on my research into the svn commits to
the 3.4 branch.

Anyway, I will review this again.