incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: New links for localization web page
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:03:40 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM, drew jensen
> <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:

> still

> >> hmmm - well I can get it to work sometimes, but other times fails and it
> >
> > just to clarify - I don't mean that the link above works sometimes - I
> > mean that the download triggered from the OO.o site works for me other
> > then when tds.net is the actual server.
> >

> Scanning over the website I see two kinds of mirror brain links.
>
> One kind points to openoffice.mirrorbrain.org.  That is what we use on
> the legacy download page and some of the NL pages, e.g.,
> da.openoffice.org
>
> The other kind links to download.services.openoffice.org.  That is
> what the Finnish NL page uses.
>
> From what I can tell the openoffice.mirrorbrain.org ones are working
> fine.  it is the download.services.openoffice.org ones that are
> failing.
>
> -Rob

We seem to have MANY references to  download.services.openoffice.org
in the web pages. Maybe INFRA could do a DNS redirect for us from
download.services.openoffice.org -> openoffice.mirrorbrain.org?

Should we request this?

> >> looks like it fails whenever this site is involved
> >> http://openoffice.mirrors.tds.net
> >>
> >> which isn't surprising I suppose as when I go to that site directly and
> >> then to the OpenOffice page - all files have all been removed.
> >>
> >> arrgh...

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen