incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Analytics Calls [Was: Re: CSS debugging (ability to read Polish might help)]
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:49:02 GMT
On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi Rob,
> >
> > Are you ready to for Google Analytics on every page of ooo-site? If so,
> then the plan is below - which will finish a change that Ariel started.
> >
> > On Jul 21, 2012, at 3:17 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> site.

> around

> know if
> begin
> >>>

> >> Right.  I've never seen this page look right.   You can try removing
> >> the GA code, but nothing there touches CSS, and it comes after both of
> >> the CSS imports, so I don't see how it could be the issue here.

> and is
> that
> >>>>

> >> It is supposed to be the last item in the <head>.  It wasn't clear
> >> whether this could be added via the template.
> >
> > Here is part of ooo-site/templates/skeleton.html
> >
> > {% if header %}
> > {% autoescape off %}{{ header }}{% endautoescape %}{% else %}
> > <title>{% block title %}{{ headers.title }}{% endblock %}</title>
> > {% if headers.css %}<link href="{{ headers.css }}" rel="stylesheet"
> type="text/css">{% endif %}
> >
> > <script type="text/javascript">
> >     var _gaq = _gaq || [];
> >     _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30193653-1']);
> >     _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'openoffice.org']);
> >     _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
> >
> >     (function() {
> >         var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type =
> 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
> >         ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl'
> : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
> >         var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
> s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
> >     })();
> > </script>
> > {% endif %}
> >
> > Here header is null if the file is mdtext and not null otherwise.
> >
> > If the {% endif %} is moved above the script then it will always be
> added.
> >
> > I would instead change this to:
> >
> > {% if header %}
> > {% autoescape off %}{{ header }}{% endautoescape %}{% else %}
> > <title>{% block title %}{{ headers.title }}{% endblock %}</title>
> > {% if headers.css %}<link href="{{ headers.css }}" rel="stylesheet"
> type="text/css">{% endif %}
> > {% endif %}
> > <!--#include virtual="/google_analytics.ssi" -->

I like this approach better...

> > And then put the google analytics code in:
> ooo-site/trunk/content/google_analytics.ssi
> >

> It should be possible to work with MDText as well.  I added it this
> way to the incubator site a while ago:
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/templates/skeleton.html
>
> The instructions from Google say to put it immediately before the
> closing </head>.  We have additional complexity here, since some HTML
> pages don't have a <head> and some do.

???? OK, let's identify these pages and fix first.

> > Warning this is a sledgehammer and at a similar moment all of the google
> analytics code can be removed. I suppose done properly the doubles won't
> matter much, but ....

hmmm... an interesting observation. We probably should attempt to remove
what's in place first before applying the new template I would think.

> [...]
> > ./hu/about-downloads.html
> > ./hu/about-issues.html
> > ./hu/about-product.html
> > ./hu/about-spellcheck.html
> > ./hu/aoo34.html
> > ./hu/background.html
> > ./hu/base.html
> > ./hu/calc.html
> > ./hu/draw.html
> > ./hu/get_legal-hu.html
> > ./hu/impress.html
> > ./hu/index.html
> > ./hu/localisation.html
> > ./hu/math.html
> > ./hu/press_kit.html
> > ./hu/reqts.html
> > ./hu/reviews.html
> > ./hu/suite.html
> > ./hu/whatsnew-2.0.html
> > ./hu/whatsnew-3.0.html
> > ./hu/writer.html
> > ./index.html
> > ./it/download/3.4.0/download340.html
> > ./it/download/index.html
> > ./it/index.html
> > ./it/stampa/comunicati/aoo34-1M.html
> > ./it/stampa/comunicati/aoo34.html
> > ./ja/download/index.html
> > ./ja/index.html
> > ./license.html
> > ./lingucomponent/download_dictionary.html
> > ./lv/index.html
> > ./marketing/marketing_bouncer.html
> > ./mk/3.0.html
> > ./mk/3.1.0.html
> > ./mk/3.1.1.html
> > ./mk/index.html
> > ./news/aoo34-1M.html
> > ./news/aoo34.html
> > ./news/index.html
> > ./nl/downloaden.html
> > ./nl/index.html
> > ./no/index.html
> > ./pl/addons.index.html
> > ./pl/archive.html
> > ./pl/contact.developers.html
> > ./pl/contact.users.html
> > ./pl/docs.index.html
> > ./pl/docs.licencja.html
> > ./pl/help.install.html
> > ./pl/helping.credits.html
> > ./pl/helping.how.html
> > ./pl/index.html
> > ./pl/marketing.logo.html
> > ./pl/product.download.html
> > ./pl/product.download.lpack.html
> > ./pl/product.download1.html
> > ./pl/product.other.html
> > ./pl/product.sources.html
> > ./pl/www/addons.index.html
> > ./pl/www/archive.html
> > ./pl/www/contact.developers.html
> > ./pl/www/contact.users.html
> > ./pl/www/docs.index.html
> > ./pl/www/docs.licencja.html
> > ./pl/www/help.install.html
> > ./pl/www/helping.credits.html
> > ./pl/www/helping.how.html
> > ./pl/www/index.html
> > ./pl/www/marketing.logo.html
> > ./porting/mac/index.html
> > ./projects/accepted.html
> > ./projects/incubator.html
> > ./projects/index.html
> > ./projects/native-lang.html
> > ./pt-br/index.html
> > ./pt-br/news/aoo34.html
> > ./qa/issue_handling/submission_gateway.html
> > ./qa/ooQAReloaded/Docs/QA-Reloaded-BasicRules.html

PL site
> pages.

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen