incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: where is the donation button
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 22:37:30 GMT
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com
> wrote:

> On 7/16/12 9:12 AM, drew wrote:
> > On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 14:24 +0800, Zhe Liu wrote:
> >> Hi Juergen?
> >> Do you mean this bottom left one on the page
> >> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/?
> >> I think there also should be one  on the header of www.openoffice.org.
> >
> > I would agree with you - perhaps it could be as simple as a link to the
> > current donation instructions:
> > http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html#Paypal
>
> yes or using the PayPal button directly with a one sentence explanation.
>
> A prominent place for the button on all our pages.
>
> Juergen

Well an interesting and challenging idea. ALL our pages...do mean this
literally?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Right now, on the main web site, we have "Develop" as a tab. Would  we be
better making this "Get Involved" where it goes back to the project web
site, and make "Donations" more visible on that page? Currently, its a left
nav item way toward the bottom.

I don't have any ideas for the wiki or forums.

> > //drew

> any

MzK

"I would rather have a donkey that takes me there
 than a horse that will not fare."
                                          -- Portuguese proverb