incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CSS debugging (ability to read Polish might help)
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 22:13:17 GMT
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>wrote:

> Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/pl/
>>
>> there is some CSS issue causing the text to be white-on-white or
>> something.
>> I stared at it but did not see the source of the problem.
>>

> The source of the problem is the first non-comment line here:
> http://www.openoffice.org/css/**ooo.css<http://www.openoffice.org/css/ooo.css>
>
> body {
>   color: white;
> }
>
> but the reason we set it to white (to override it, of course, in all other
> languages through specialized CSS classes) is not clear to me.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

HI...

Yes, Andrea is correct. The problem is the "pl" page does not nicely comply
with the addition of our standard layout because of its own styling, so
hence all text remains white instead of black. I think I can do a quick fix
tomorrow to deal with this. Several unmatched tags, etc.

Oddly, I had noticed this a LONG time ago, but we were in the beginning
transfer stages and I thought it would magically get fixed on one of Dave's
reloads. I got busy with other things and never looked at it again.

MzK

"I would rather have a donkey that takes me there
 than a horse that will not fare."
                                          -- Portuguese proverb