incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: preparation of download links etc.
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:16:46 GMT
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:55 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt
> > <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> do we need special preparation for the upcoming release of aOO 3.4.1?
> >>

> > I think we should start preparations for:
> >
> > 1) Updating the /download site to point to 3.4.1 release files

I was thinking we wouldn't do this step until we went through the vote
process.
I think it would premature to do this now.

> > 2) Keep the legacy download page as it is now, pointing to the
> > previous major release, which is still OOo 3.3.0

OK, this makes sense.

> > 3) Copy the AOO 3.4.0 files into archives.apache.org
> >
> > 4) Draft the announcement blog post
> >
> > 5) Submit SHA256 hashes to Symantec for whitelisting.  (Any other AV
> > vendors have a similar process?)
> >
> > 6) Update the podling website to point to the new source distribution

OK, again, AFTER we actual go through the vote for this release.

> Something else we need to do to prepare for the release:  Update the
> NL pages for the newly supported languages.
>
> AOO 3.4.1 adds support for 5 more languages.   Just in time for the
> Olympic Games we now have the UI translation for British English.
> Other languages added are Khmer, Finnish, Slovak and Slovenian.  The
> NL pages are here (no NL page needed for en-GB):
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/km/
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/fi/
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/sk/
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/sl/
>
> Some of them are in good shape already and will just need to update
> the download links and maybe add an announcement about the AOO 3.4.1
> release.  Others need more work.
>
> -Rob
>
> > Of course, these are preparations only at this point.  We'll need to
> > wait for an approved ballot to actually complete 3 and 5, and will
> > need to wait for the mirrors and SourceForge to update with the
> > released files before we pull the trigger on the other items.
> >
> > I'm already working on #4.  I did #5 before and can do it again,
> > unless anyone else wants to see how this is done.
> >
> > -Rob
> >

> >> I assume that we don't have the time to rework the directory structure
> >> for this release. I would keep it for now in the same structure as for
> >> 3.4 but would like to work a simply structure for 3.5 in time.
> >>
> >> Juergen

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen