incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [QA]A guide for opening defect in Bugzilla
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:43:53 GMT
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com>wrote:

> KG01 - See comments inline.
>
> On Thursday, July 19, 2012, Ji Yan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I wrote a guide for how to open defect in Bugzilla[1]. hope this will
> help user and QA on opening defect. Any comments?
>
> KG01 - This is great thanks for sharing. I have some feedback and a
> question.
>
> Re: bug process
> Perhaps we could encourage submitters to include screen caps of issues
> related to UI presentation or interaction design.
>
> Re: guide
> I'm new to Bugzilla, so pardon me if this is a newbie question. Do we have
> a Bugzilla scope work item for requests for enhancements? If so, does an
> RFE guide exist as well.. If not, what is the Bugzilla work item for
> enhancements.

well...no. Unlike JIRA which does have a "task" item for a particular
"product/component", we don't have anything like this for BA currently. We
just had upgrade of BZ and I haven't looked at the documentation. Maybe we
could add a "task" severity item or component or something.

And, things are rather "fine grained" when enterring a bug. I think we
would do better to delete some of these. For example, if i enter a "bug"
for the "ui" product,   I am then presented with 5 components. Perhaps
confounding to some.

> Thoughts?
>
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/HowToFileIssue
>
> --
>

> Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen