incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kay Schenk <>
Subject Re: Communications regarding post AOO 3.4.1 plans
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:15:30 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Rob Weir <> wrote:

> When we release AOO 3.4.1 we will certainly get the question "What next?"
> What are we comfortable saying?   Obviously we don't want to promise
> specific dates or features, but from what I'm seeing it sounds
> something like this:
> 1) A 3.5.0 release, with more languages, bug fixes, interop work, also
> features merged in from Symphony.  More Windows 8 work, any needed
> Mountain Lion work, potentially additional ports.  Estimated ship date
> is Q4 ???
> an overarching summary, I think this sounds good.

> 2) If needed, a 3.4.2 release to address any critical bugs (e.g.,
> security).   Would also include additional languages available at that
> time.  No estimated date yet, since this would only be released if
> needed based on bug reports.

I think it would be "nicer" if (a) we would apply for graduation and (b)
make 3.5 our first release *after* graduation whenever that release occurs.
It just seems like a better initial "after graduation" start to me. So I
would hope we wouldn't need a 3.4.2 unless we didn't want to delay the
inclusion of additional languages (some of which I know are VERY close to
completion so I hesitate to bring this up in some respect), and so any
security as "patches" rather than a "new" micro version.

Re -- security bug fixes. I know we did the older CVE-2012-0037 with
"patches" to Windows and Mac. But we weren't able to deal with a Linux
patch as I recall. (I don't know what progress has been made on that front).

> Does the above sound right?
> -Rob


"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message