incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should quickstarter be enabled or disabled by default?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:00:29 GMT
2012/7/25 Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Grand@me.com>:
> Hi,
>
> one interesting thing I just stumbled upon; when waiting after the boot
> without quickstarter for some time (I left the system unattended after boot
> and login for ca. 10 minutes) the first startup of AOO goes down to 8-9
> seconds (without quickstarter!). Maybe Win7 already has some mechanism
> which measures which dlls are most used and loads these after some time
> when nothing was to do...? I was surprised, I will try to repeat this.

To speed up windows startup (no matter what they do, it's still slow),
some libraries are loaded AFTER you get control of the system. Maybe
the problem is simply that the system is busy with it's own start
routine, slowing down everything else. Maybe it is a good idea to
repeat the test with and without quickstart but giving the system at
least five minutes to get everything running: I think there will be no
big difference on AOO startup.

Regards
Ricardo