incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Install developer build side by side with regular version instead of overwriting it
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 18:49:07 GMT
2012/7/21 floris v <florisv59@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded and installed the latest developer snapshot/build and
> found that it replaces the stable version.

I think that that was on purpose: we are really close to 3.4.1 release
so it's time to test install issues.

You can always install several versions in parallel. For Linux the
procedure is here

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=228097#p228097

For windows I think this old OOoNinja article is still valid

http://www.oooninja.com/2009/03/openofficeorg-3-install-portable-how.html

but someone need to check it. Not sure about mac, but I remember
reading that renaming the image file is enough... but again don't take
it for granted: I'm not a mac user.

Regards
Ricardo

Please return to the good