incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nazmul Alam <>
Subject [DISCUSS][IDEA][FUNCTIONALITY] named constant
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:42:45 GMT
Hello everybody,
I am new to ooo-dev list. I am looking forward to contribute towards AOO.

I like to discuss an idea regarding text input functionality. I don't know
if this already exists or not because I used OO a long time ago.

User can register several named constant in AOO, for example -
DocumentTitle = "An introduction to XYZZY", and then use this named
constant in the document to quickly insert the string literal multiple
times. Now suppose for some reason he/she has to change the Document title
to "An introduction to AOO" in the document. Instead of performing
Search+Replace, he can rename the named constant which will reflect the
change in the document. Grouping and formatting can be add to increase more

- ux improvement

- additional learning for user
- personal preference

Let me know your valuable thoughts.