incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Li Feng Wang <phoenix.wan...@gmail.com>
Subject [QA discuss] How to make keywords(tags) better used
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 03:13:38 GMT
Hi, all,

As QA, marking/tagging issues correspondingly is very useful.
But I know, there is some way to use it in Bugzilla. I list some advantages
and disadvantages about these ways, maybe not cover all.

1)Set keywords in keyword item:
   Advantage:
      a)From https://issues.apache.org/ooo/describekeywords.cgi you can get
corresponding defects info.
      b)As a condition item when define query/search.
   Disadvantage:
      a)Not flexible to definition, need use keywords already defined.
      b)Not visual when get info from issues mail list(bugzilla)
      c)Some queries not include keyword item as condition, then query
result will not include this info.

2)Add keywords in defect Summary/headline:
   Advantage:
      a)Visual to get keyword info from summary, no matter what's way you
get defects, issues mail list or simple query.
      b)Flexible to definition according demands.
   Disadvantage:
      a)Can't make it as query condition.

3)Both add keywords/tags in keyword item and summary.

For QA or dev, which way is better for you?

Any comments are welcome.
--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang