incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Salomon <roberto.salo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Draft] The Public Service Mission of OpenOffice
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:34:40 GMT
2012/7/18 toki <toki.kantoor@gmail.com>

> On 07/17/2012 05:10 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> > I assume you have objections to accessibility as a project goal.
>
> My objection is in claiming extensions that don't provide A11Y
> functionality, as enhancing A11Y.
>
> If you are serious about making A11Y a project goal, then no version of
> AOO will be released, unless one can remove:
> * The mouse;
> * The keyboard;
> * The display monitor;
> and create a document using:
> * Write;
> * Calc;
> * Draw;
> * Impress;
> * Base;
>
> Accessibility should be considered a long term project goal. We do have an
Accessibility API available that, quite frankly, I don't have a clue as to
how functional it really is.

I have also seen experiments with OpenOffice and JAWS that enabled
accessibility for some types of disabilities.

Having a universally accessible software compares to shooting for the
stars. We must do it knowing we have to get there a step at a time.

--
Roberto Salomon
http://rfsalomon.blogspot.com.br/