incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <raymond.ste...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:41:25 GMT
Information about the Solaris port is useful to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:37 AM
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris,
OS/2)?

I'm drafting the 3.4.1 release announcement blog post.  I have a bullet list where I highlight
what is in 3.4.1.  I list what platforms are supported, mention the Windows 8 compatibility
improvements,  and then follow with this bullet item:

"Community members are also working on BSD, Solaris and OS/2 ports, with plans to release
these outside of Apache."

Is this accurate and worth saying?   Would it make sense to also
include links for each of these ports, where the reader can go for more information?

Although these are not Apache releases, they are part of the close ecosystem, with developers
working directly in our project to support these ports.  So I think there is some logic to
mentioning them in the release announcement.  But work that happens entirely outside of the
project, like portable applications versions, would not get a mention.

Does this seem fair and appropriate?

If we agree to do this, I'll need a link for each of BSD, Solaris and OS/2, for more information.

The alternative would be to not mention the ports at all.

Regards,

-Rob