incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <raymond.ste...@lmco.com>
Subject Connecting to open spreadsheet instance via extension
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 19:35:16 GMT
Hi,

I am using OpenOffice SDK 3.1 on Solaris 10 x86 with StarOffice 9 ( I cannot upgrade at this
time). I am having issues and was hoping that someone could shed some light on it.  I've created
an extension to the spreadsheet application. I would like for the extension to perform some
tasks on the sheets that are opened. The user will use the new menu items to interact with
the sheet. For instance, the new menu item will implement the XStoreable interface to save
the document. (I want the 'Save' to execute other code that will generate some XML files,
which will be stored in a specified location).  In this example, do I have to use the Bootstrap()
method to get the context of an document that is already opened? If so, I am having issues
with this. I am using the BootstrapSocketConnector::bootstrap(String program) method, but
the program (Java) just hangs there. Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.

Raymond Steele