incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Google Analytics Calls [Was: Re: CSS debugging (ability to read Polish might help)]
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:14:41 GMT

On Jul 24, 2012, at 5:58 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

If so, then the plan is below - which will finish a change that Ariel started.

>>> These are done and the staging build is complete even though the commit email
is still being created.

>>> Please evaluate http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/
>>>

>> I'll take a look  now.

>>> I'm reviewed the body tags and my main concern is the onload and onunload javascript
functions:

>>> loginfocus()
>>> windowTitle()
>>> self.focus()
>>> load()
>>> GUnload()
>>> activateByURL()
>>> asd()
>>>

>> What is your concern?   Wouldn't it work to simply copy all attributes
>> on the src <body> and copy them into the dest <body>?
>
> My concern is being perfect and not having functions that fail and give potential errors.
That means we ought to provide a null function. An edge case.

> I am testing the just copy them case right now on my local build.

I think that this change is good, too. I am going to commit it and you'll be able to do Javascript
onload on the main page.

Regards,
Dave

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>>> One thing we can do is add the appropriate set of null javascript that can be
added by another SSI that is selected from the templates/ssi.mdtext and templates/*/ssi.mdtext.

>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

but I don't know if
HTML syntax to begin

into every header and is

It wasn't clear

: 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';

the google analytics code can be removed. I suppose done properly the doubles won't matter
much, but ....

- it's nice to see some else making a change!

| 1 line

| 1 line

manually added it to too many pages.

<dave2wave@comcast.net>

> [...]