incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Acevedo <>
Subject Re: AOO 3.4.1 and Mountain Lion support?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 00:51:33 GMT
Hello to Rob and all developers,

I have been testing out Mountian Lion since 2 months ago and you can install and run AOO on
it. The only thing that prevents AOO from running is the gatekeeper feature which now requires
a certificate from Apple to be marked in a white-list in the OS. However, this can be easily
worked around in the time being by going into the Applications folder and control click OpenOffice.
This will call a menu that will have an Open option. The user must click this option and when
the warning dialog appears click OK.

Hope this helps.

Michael J. Acevedo
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 26, 2012, at 6:20 PM, Donald Harbison <> wrote:

> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Raphael Bircher wrote:
>>> Haven't upgraded, my Mac is too old for Mountain Lion.
>>> However, Mountain Lion has a new feature, Gatekeeper.
>>> It has three levels of security options for downloading Apps. For a way
>>> to install unsigned Apps see this article:
>>> http://macperformanceguide.**com/MountainLion-application-**signing.html<>
>>> It would be best if AOO signed their Apps.
>>> Is 10.8 allready out? I could update a mashine if realy needed.
> Yes. It's out here in the U.S.

View raw message