incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Google Analytics Calls [Was: Re: CSS debugging (ability to read Polish might help)]
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 00:15:18 GMT

On Jul 24, 2012, at 4:22 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Hi Rob,

the plan is below - which will finish a change that Ariel started.

>>> OK.  I've removed all the GA code from pages where it exists today.
>>> All my changes are local.  Let me know when you are ready and will:
>>>
>>> 1) Do an svn update to see if there are any last-minute changes I need
>>> to merge with
>>>
>>> 2) Do an svn commit
>>>
>>> 3) Trigger an svn update on staging
>>>
>>> At that point I think it will be free for you to make the template changes.
>>
>> I've made the template changes for google-analytics.
>>
>> Go ahead and do your steps. Let me know and I'll
>>

> OK.  That was odd.  I did a local svn update before checking in, but
> when I then did an update on the CMS it gave me two conflicts:
>
> pl/index.html
> sk/topnav.mdtext
>
> Nothing fatal, I was able to recover.
>
> So ready for your changes.
>
> -Rob
>

>> (1) cd ooo-site/trunk
>>
>> (2) svn up
>>
>> (3) svn commit -m 'Put /google-analyitics.js ssi include onto every page via the
template'

These are done and the staging build is complete even though the commit email is still being
created.

Please evaluate http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/

>> I'll review bodytag later - there are a lot we don't really want ...

I'm reviewed the body tags and my main concern is the onload and onunload javascript functions:

loginfocus()
windowTitle()
self.focus()
load()
GUnload()
activateByURL()
asd()

One thing we can do is add the appropriate set of null javascript that can be added by another
SSI that is selected from the templates/ssi.mdtext and templates/*/ssi.mdtext.

Regards,
Dave

'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';

analytics code can be removed. I suppose done properly the doubles won't matter much, but

- it's nice to see some else making a change!

white-on-white or
the problem.

the all PL site pages.