incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Google Analytics Calls [Was: Re: CSS debugging (ability to read Polish might help)]
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:16:40 GMT
Hi Rob,

On Jul 23, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> Are you ready to for Google Analytics on every page of ooo-site? If so, then the
plan is below - which will finish a change that Ariel started.

> OK.  I've removed all the GA code from pages where it exists today.
> All my changes are local.  Let me know when you are ready and will:
>
> 1) Do an svn update to see if there are any last-minute changes I need
> to merge with
>
> 2) Do an svn commit
>
> 3) Trigger an svn update on staging
>
> At that point I think it will be free for you to make the template changes.

I've made the template changes for google-analytics.

Go ahead and do your steps. Let me know and I'll

(1) cd ooo-site/trunk

(2) svn up

(3) svn commit -m 'Put /google-analyitics.js ssi include onto every page via the template'

I'll review bodytag later - there are a lot we don't really want ...

Regards,
Dave

> -Rob

>>> Right.  I've never seen this page look right.   You can try removing
>>> the GA code, but nothing there touches CSS, and it comes after both of
>>> the CSS imports, so I don't see how it could be the issue here.

>>> It is supposed to be the last item in the <head>.  It wasn't clear
>>> whether this could be added via the template.
>>
>> Here is part of ooo-site/templates/skeleton.html
>>
>> {% if header %}
>> {% autoescape off %}{{ header }}{% endautoescape %}{% else %}
>> <title>{% block title %}{{ headers.title }}{% endblock %}</title>
>> {% if headers.css %}<link href="{{ headers.css }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">{%
endif %}

>> <script type="text/javascript">
>>    var _gaq = _gaq || [];
>>    _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30193653-1']);
>>    _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'openoffice.org']);
>>    _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
>>
>>    (function() {
>>        var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async
= true;
>>        ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www')
+ '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
>>        var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga,
s);
>>    })();
>> </script>
>> {% endif %}
>>
>> Here header is null if the file is mdtext and not null otherwise.
>>
>> If the {% endif %} is moved above the script then it will always be added.
>>
>> I would instead change this to:
>>
>> {% if header %}
>> {% autoescape off %}{{ header }}{% endautoescape %}{% else %}
>> <title>{% block title %}{{ headers.title }}{% endblock %}</title>
>> {% if headers.css %}<link href="{{ headers.css }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">{%
endif %}
>> {% endif %}
>> <!--#include virtual="/google_analytics.ssi" -->
>>
>> And then put the google analytics code in: ooo-site/trunk/content/google_analytics.ssi
>>
>> Warning this is a sledgehammer and at a similar moment all of the google analytics
code can be removed. I suppose done properly the doubles won't matter much, but ....

>> BTW - This was Ariel's change to add GS to the head in the template/skeleton - it's
nice to see some else making a change!

> [...]
>> ./hu/about-downloads.html
>> ./hu/about-issues.html
>> ./hu/about-product.html
>> ./hu/about-spellcheck.html
>> ./hu/aoo34.html
>> ./hu/background.html
>> ./hu/base.html
>> ./hu/calc.html
>> ./hu/draw.html
>> ./hu/get_legal-hu.html
>> ./hu/impress.html
>> ./hu/index.html
>> ./hu/localisation.html
>> ./hu/math.html
>> ./hu/press_kit.html
>> ./hu/reqts.html
>> ./hu/reviews.html
>> ./hu/suite.html
>> ./hu/whatsnew-2.0.html
>> ./hu/whatsnew-3.0.html
>> ./hu/writer.html
>> ./index.html
>> ./it/download/3.4.0/download340.html
>> ./it/download/index.html
>> ./it/index.html
>> ./it/stampa/comunicati/aoo34-1M.html
>> ./it/stampa/comunicati/aoo34.html
>> ./ja/download/index.html
>> ./ja/index.html
>> ./license.html
>> ./lingucomponent/download_dictionary.html
>> ./lv/index.html
>> ./marketing/marketing_bouncer.html
>> ./mk/3.0.html
>> ./mk/3.1.0.html
>> ./mk/3.1.1.html
>> ./mk/index.html
>> ./news/aoo34-1M.html
>> ./news/aoo34.html
>> ./news/index.html
>> ./nl/downloaden.html
>> ./nl/index.html
>> ./no/index.html
>> ./pl/addons.index.html
>> ./pl/archive.html
>> ./pl/contact.developers.html
>> ./pl/contact.users.html
>> ./pl/docs.index.html
>> ./pl/docs.licencja.html
>> ./pl/help.install.html
>> ./pl/helping.credits.html
>> ./pl/helping.how.html
>> ./pl/index.html
>> ./pl/marketing.logo.html
>> ./pl/product.download.html
>> ./pl/product.download.lpack.html
>> ./pl/product.download1.html
>> ./pl/product.other.html
>> ./pl/product.sources.html
>> ./pl/www/addons.index.html
>> ./pl/www/archive.html
>> ./pl/www/contact.developers.html
>> ./pl/www/contact.users.html
>> ./pl/www/docs.index.html
>> ./pl/www/docs.licencja.html
>> ./pl/www/help.install.html
>> ./pl/www/helping.credits.html
>> ./pl/www/helping.how.html
>> ./pl/www/index.html
>> ./pl/www/marketing.logo.html
>> ./porting/mac/index.html
>> ./projects/accepted.html
>> ./projects/incubator.html
>> ./projects/index.html
>> ./projects/native-lang.html
>> ./pt-br/index.html
>> ./pt-br/news/aoo34.html
>> ./qa/issue_handling/submission_gateway.html
>> ./qa/ooQAReloaded/Docs/QA-Reloaded-BasicRules.html

PL site pages.