incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Translator roles and access (was Re: comments.apache.org)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 04:39:43 GMT

On Jul 9, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> The site is cool but on an unrelated comment ...
>
> --- Lun 9/7/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:
>> This looks
>> interesting/useful:   https://comments.apache.org/
>>
>> Would this make sense for our core files under /ooo-site ?
>>

> Quoting the site:
>
> "If you are not a committer, you will have to register
> an account with the system and have a project admin
> grant you moderator access."
>

> This happens to be the same access model we need for
> Pootle. (Runs and hides in a cave)

Why hide. It's brilliant. Comments can be translation suggestions! The trick is using that
to bootstrap an NL community to have individuals earn enough merit to become Committers. Google
translate can help others access the value of the suggestions. Non-committers can be given
karma to moderate and then can help with translations.

A good question to ask Infrastructure is if the id system and moderator role in comments.apache.org
can be reused by pootle.apache.org without losing id.apache.org.

Regards,
Dave