incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose revision 1367440 for next snapshot build (RC)
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:48:37 GMT
On 7/31/12 6:02 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
> <>wrote:
>> Hi,
>> we have found a wrong default setting for the automatic update
>> notification that is important for us to stop the voting process and do
>> a rebuilt.
>> I propose to rebuilt a further snapshot build based on revision 1367440
>> I would like to propose also that we continue testing on the last
>> snapshot because this new change is on only a configuration change.
>> Thanks
>> Juergen
> Hi Juergen --
> Well as I disable the automatic checking for updates, this certainly was
> not an issue for me personally. OK, I will update the Release Notes with
> this information -- i.e. automatic checking "fixed" from 3.4.0

the same for me but the question is always how the majority of our users
will handle it. The common behaviour is that most users don't change
such settings and we would like to reach these users with updates for
our product. Especially to provide security updates to our users.
We should keep in mind that it was the default in the fist start wizard
that we have removed with 3.4.

I think it is worth to change the default.

View raw message