incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose revision r1365887 for next developer snapshot (RC)
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:03:16 GMT
Am 07/30/2012 04:48 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 7/30/12 4:01 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

>>> I did it for you because I had the script in place.
>>>
>>> Can you upload the SDK as well
>>
>> IMHO it is a bad idea to release micro versions of the SDK. We must
>> guarantee that the SDK is compatible at least between micro versions,
>> and only release minor and mayor updates, 3.4, 3.5, 4.0, etc. IRRC
>> that's how it was done in OOo times, but you know better :)

Hm, the archive tells me a different thing for 3.2.0 and 3.2.1:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/stable/3.2.0/
http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/stable/3.2.1/

But for 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 it was like you guessed. It seems it wasn't done
consequent.

> It will remain compatible and it is for completeness mainly. I am open
> and flexible, we can also decide to not include the SDK in "micro"
> releases. The size of the SDK is not so huge compared to the office and
> doesn't count too much in the overall size.
>
> Any further opinions?

If it's safe to use the SDK from 3.4 also for 3.4.1 then we don't need
new SDK builds.

Marcus