incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: preparation of download links etc.
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 21:34:45 GMT
Am 07/27/2012 02:25 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:55 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt
> <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> do we need special preparation for the upcoming release of aOO 3.4.1?
>>

> I think we should start preparations for:
>
> 1) Updating the /download site to point to 3.4.1 release files

Of course you mean *prepare* the update, aren't you? ;-)

I'll takeover this part and try to deliver first things on Sunday.

I don't know if I can bring in some more automatism for the releade (DL
links in the table, with checksums, etc.) but maybe then short after.

> 2) Keep the legacy download page as it is now, pointing to the
> previous major release, which is still OOo 3.3.0

Yes. IMHO we should change this earliest with 3.5 when we can offer some
new features. But latestly 4.0 is the time to delete the legacy website
stuff and point the users to the archive when there is still need for
the last OOo release.

Marcus