incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: New links for localization web page
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:37:38 GMT
Am 07/26/2012 09:12 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:

>>> still

>>> Scanning over the website I see two kinds of mirror brain links.
>>>
>>> One kind points to openoffice.mirrorbrain.org.  That is what we use on
>>> the legacy download page and some of the NL pages, e.g.,
>>> da.openoffice.org
>>>
>>> The other kind links to download.services.openoffice.org.  That is
>>> what the Finnish NL page uses.
>>>
>>>  From what I can tell the openoffice.mirrorbrain.org ones are working
>>> fine.  it is the download.services.openoffice.org ones that are
>>> failing.
>>>
>>> -Rob
>>>

>> We seem to have MANY references to  download.services.openoffice.org
>> in the web pages. Maybe INFRA could do a DNS redirect for us from
>> download.services.openoffice.org ->  openoffice.mirrorbrain.org?
>>
>> Should we request this?
>>

> If it is all in HTML pages that we control, it would be better to
> update the HTML.
>
> But I wonder whether we should just point them all to SourceForge?
> So far no one has taken the lead on figuring out what we need to do to
> maintain MirrorBrain.  So we're constantly one hiccup away for that
> service failing entirely.   If the directory structure is the same
> this could be an easy search and replace operation (or a small set of
> them) on ooo-site.

This is also the way I would go. Am I right that the
"download.services.openoffice.org" service is still hosted by Oracle?
Wasn't there a plan to decommission it? So, I wouldn't rely any longer
on this but switch to, e.g., openoffice.mirrorbrain.org as it's already
done for the legacy downloads.

Marcus