incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Registration
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:53:21 GMT
On 16/07/2012 21:14, sebb wrote:
> On 16 July 2012 19:01, Rob Weir wrote:
>> The registration URL's for OOo 3.3 look like this:
>> https://registration2.services.openoffice.org/RegistrationWeb/register/<GUID>?prduct=OpenOffice.org&locale=en&cid-926117
>> So we should be able to handle this entirely with ASF.

I've seen (in 3.3.0, build 9567)
http://survey.services.openoffice.org/user/index.php
too.

>> But I thought there was another version that went directly to an
>> Oracle domain.  Maybe that was OOo 3.4 beta 1?

OOo 3.4 beta 1 used something that currently redirects, for me, to
https://hs-ws1.oracle.com/RegistrationWeb/registration/default/en_US/register-login.jsp?legacy=true&tgtPrd=OpenOffice.org&prd=registration&uuid=urn...e588
but being a beta version it was installed by a small fraction of users,
and anyway the page works (it is an Oracle account registration, which
is probably useless to OpenOffice users, but is online).

> I'm not suggesting that 3.4.0 be updated to include registration,
> merely that it would be helpful to direct users of 3.3 to the new
> version, and let them know that the registration step has not failed.

So I'd propose to ask Infra to redirect the whole domains
https://registration2.services.openoffice.org/
http://registration2.services.openoffice.org/
http://survey.services.openoffice.org/
to something that explains that OpenOffice.org is now at Apache. I've
looked at some options on the openoffice.org website, but the best
candidate seems to be a blog post:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/openoffice_org_is_now_apache

Does anyone have better links to propose? Otherwise I guess we can ask
Infra to setup the redirection.

Regards,
   Andrea.