incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Coding guideline or common rules
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:02:12 GMT
> I've seen the comment about SCMs being sufficient for tracing the provenance of code
and the changes that are made.  That puzzles me.

>  - History doesn't appear in source-code tarballs.

that's true but a different point and I doubt that users of a source
tarballs are interested in these details

>  - It requires the original SCM repository or a history-preserving port of the SCN to
be available to interested parties.

> Basically, it is not a durable form of the information.

I agree that this can be a problem but the SCM is not changed too often
normally. But nevertheless such comments makes the code completely
unreadable over time from my perspective and I would like to avoid them.

Juergen