incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO as a portable application
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 06:07:58 GMT
Guy Waterval wrote:
> 2012/7/22 drew
>> The other packager was:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/winpenpack/
>> again I would not be surprised to see them update soon also.

WinPenPack has just updated their site: they are now offering a "live"
or "portable" version of Apache OpenOffice 3.4 called
"X-ApacheOpenOffice". See
http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1341
to download it.

Their old page for X-OpenOffice.org (serving version 3.3) has been
updated too, and now points to the X-ApacheOpenOffice page.

> I hope to see AOO portable, but perhaps there are some difficulties for
> legal issues.  We will see.

It's just a lenghty procedure. The Apache OpenOffice PPMC took very
(very!) long to authorize the WinPenPack version because we have
multiple levels of review (trademarks, licenses, technical differences
with the official version and so on) and several issues were quite new
to Apache.

>> http://portableapps.com/development/outdated
>> for one example - look for a change in that status in short order, or so
>> is my guess ;)

Just connect the dots...

Regards,
   Andrea.