incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: need to develop a extension for open office on mac
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:52:35 GMT
On 07/19/2012 10:10 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 7/19/12 3:36 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> RaghuVaran is not subscribed to the list, so he missed your answers. I'm
>> CCing him now.

>>> we have also NetBeans plugin that helps a lot to do the initial steps
>>> and setup an extension project.
>>>
>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice_NetBeans_Integration
>>>
>>> If you want support menu entries and/or toolbars it becomes quite easy
>>> to start and focus on the more important core work around your web
>>> services ...
>>>
>>> You can probably do the same with Eclipse and a little bit more manual
>>> work. Check the SDK and the codeskeletonmaker that can be used to create
>>> some initial skeletons where you can start with.
>>>
>>> Feel free to ask here on the list...
>>>
>>> By the way I am looking for a volunteer who is interested to work on an
>>> Eclipse plugin similar to the plugin we already have for NetBeans. I
>>> would be at least be available as a kind of mentor for such a project
>>> and probably won't have time for more.
>>
>> It was expected, with IBM here ;) But why reinvent the wheel and not
>> working with Cédric's plugin, forking it or seeing if he is willing to
>> make a solution that works for both AOO and LO? The license might be an
>> impediment to host it here at Apache, I don't know, I could find any
>> license info at
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/ooeclipse/
>>

> I haven't tried the plugin for a longer time and don't know the current
> state. But I am open for everything. I am simply want to improve the
> number of usable development tools.

When I last worked on it in February I posted a status here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201202.mbox/%3C4F4AF366.6090907%40apache.org%3E

Short version is it is updated for Netbeans 7 and rebranded for Apache.
It does build and work on Netbeans 7.0 although there are deprecation
warnings.

I have a jar if anyone needs it.

>> The NB plugin also has some remaining bugs, it would be nice someone
>> volunteering in this case too.
>
> I agree, it would be nice to have them fixed

This looks like the list:
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?resolution=---&query_format=advanced&component=netbeans-integration&product=sdk

I may have some cycles to work on bugs.

I see no P1's, one P2 priority and the majority are P3.

Are there any major ones anybody knows of?

> Juergen

Best regards,
Carl