incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DOCUMENTATION] "Known bugs" page for end users [Re: Instabilité version 3.4]
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 13:00:44 GMT
On 05/07/2012 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> I guess this is one of those registrymodifications.xcu bugs.
> We may think of having a page with "Known bugs", their workarounds,
> information about a possible fix in a next release, etc.

So far there is only one bug which stands out, and it is indeed the
profile conversion (or registrymodifications.xcu).

It is quite important because an incorrect 3.3 profile migration, which
is something we cannot test since it depends mainly on user
customizations, will leave the user with frequent application crashes or
broken writing aids. And the user will blame OpenOffice without being
aware that a trivial fix exists.

I tried drafting a paragraph about this in the Release Notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Release+Notes

Feel free to discuss whether it should be there or not, but if users do
read something when downloading, probably that one is the one page they
will read.

Regards,
   Andrea.