incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Install developer build side by side with regular version instead of overwriting it
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 20:17:13 GMT
RGB ES wrote:
> 2012/7/21 floris v:
>> I just downloaded and installed the latest developer snapshot/build and
>> found that it replaces the stable version.
> I think that that was on purpose: we are really close to 3.4.1 release
> so it's time to test install issues.

Exactly, it was discussed earlier on this list. Anyway, there was a
quite prominent warning on the download page last time I checked (it
seems
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots

is temporarily unavailable at the moment).

> You can always install several versions in parallel. For Linux the
> procedure is here

We have a "semi-official" page about this on the wiki too:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel

Regards,
   Andrea.