incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [UI] ColorPicker - entering hex color code
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:37:07 GMT
Hi Ariel,

Ariel Constenla-Haile schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> entering a color in the new color, with its hex code, has a rather
> strange result. Try
>
> - menu "Tools" -"Options..."
> - on the "Options" dialog, select the on the tree "OpenOffice.org"
>    - "Colors"
> - select a color and press the "Edit..." button (side comment: the color
>    picker should be available from the floating window that opens from
>    the toolbar!)
> - enter some color in the "Hex #" edit field, for example AA
>
> If I enter AA, I would expect it to be #0000AA, that is, zeros added at
> the left.
>
> AA -> 0000AA -> RBG 0,0,170
>
> but the color picker shows RGB 170,170,170
>
> Enter only A
>
> A -> 00000A -> RGB 0,0,10
>
> but the color picker shows RGB 160,160,160
>
> Enter ABC
>
> ABC -> 000ABC -> RGB o,10,188
>
> the color picker shows 171,171,171
>
> Which should be the expected behaviour?

That part of the dialog is broken. Even if you enter a 6 digit value,
you do not get that color.

I expect, that if you enter a value, which would be valid in "three
digit hex" or in "six digit hex" syntax
[http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGColor12/], then this color is set. Non valid
entries should be indicated in the appearance of the field.

But I'm not sure, whether this field is intended to be an input field.
It might be, that only viewing the actual hex values was intended. The
old dialog, has no such field.

Kind regards
Regina