incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Should quickstarter be enabled or disabled by default?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:18:57 GMT
On 7/19/12 12:12 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Risto Jääskeläinen <rjaaskel@saunalahti.fi
>> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>> Whole suite will be a bit lighter and a bit simpler without quickstarter.
>>  I feel it is needless, unnötig, tarpeeton.
>> So in mean time it should be disabled before it is removed from source
>> code.
>>
>> Regards
>> Risto
>>

> Thanks for these interesting comments Risto...
>
> Really, just from items that pop up this list, IMO, it does seem to cause
> more harm than good.

I think a little bit more research would be helpful, a real performance
test etc.

Saying that the whole suite becomes a bit lighter is of course not what
I have in mind here ;-)

We had a problem that is fixed and the quickstarter provides more
features that people like. And people who don't like can already disable it.

I see no reason at the moment to change here anything because the
problem is fixed.

If we have problems with a feature let us fix it and not drop the
feature completely ;-)

But that is only my personal opinion

Juergen