incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Draft] The Public Service Mission of OpenOffice
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:05:48 GMT
On 7/18/12 7:12 PM, Kevin Grignon wrote:
> KG01 - See comments inline.
>
> On Wednesday, July 18, 2012, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
>> <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> I totally agree and that is of course the most annoying point here at
>>> Apache for me. But that is another topic and not for this thread.

>>> see comments inline

>>> I like this example calculation which makes the value of OpenOffice
>>> really visible. The number is so impressive that really everybody can
>>> understand it.

>>> It shows me again how important it is to work for and with the l10n
>>> community to support all the languages where we had support before. I
>>> will start a campaign right after our 3.4.1 release drive this forward.

>> I've put the draft up on the wiki and made a few tweaks based on
>> comments received so far:
>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/%28Draft%29+The+Public+Service+Mission+of+OpenOffice
>>
>> I'd encouraged anyone interested to help improve this statement.
>

>  KG01 - Comment: as a newbie, I've never seen this content. It's very
> compelling. We should seek pops to share this part of our story. Perhaps as
> part of the user experience (when downloading), or the volunteer experince
> (link on help wanted pages). In addition, our communications boilerplate
> could include some of the highlights from this connect. Thanks for sharing.

I can think about a further video where we try to visualize the numbers
with some pictures.

Just some first ideas
- picture of a huge mountain of money or gold bars
- fast switching pictures of people from different countries to
represent all the different languages and countries. Maybe pictures of
community members. Did somebody have seen the EM spot where many people
switching their tricot (pulling over the head and every time a new face
comes up...)
- ...

We should try to work with multi media students/schools and give them
input for some challenging work examples ...

Juergen