incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Allow to turn OOo-file locking off.
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:44:59 GMT
On 7/18/12 5:27 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Ariel,
>
> Ariel Constenla-Haile schrieb:
> [..]
>
>  Besides that how is this supposed to work on Win where
>> there are no scripts but executables... It seems something is really
>> broken.
>
> Windows-key + Pause-key opens "Systemproperties" (German:
> Systemeigenschaften). On tab "Extended" (German: Erweitert) you can set
> environment variables (German: Umgebungsvariablen). Add them as
> name-value pair. I have enabled "HELP_DEBUG" there. That is very useful.
> You get the called uno-command and the RID of an UI-element, if extended
> tips is switched on.

If we think it is necessary to disable file locking I think an
appropriate config item is the best solution. It can be triggered with a
macro or an extension and that should be sufficient.

I woudl never make this visible in the option dialog, it should remain
an expert feature for people who know what they are doing. Otherwise we
have to deal with broken documents the next time.

The question is why the existing config item don't work where their name
is so promising ;-) What is their purpose at the moment?

Any volunteer to take a closer look on it? We should at least create an
issue to track it.

It's maybe a good opportunity for somebody who want to become familiar
with the code and will try to debug ;-)

Juergen