incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: On parks, commons, and websites... and fun (or lack of)
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:18:59 GMT
On 7/18/12 3:49 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> [...]

yes it is always good to encourage people to get actively involved,
attract new developers, new translators, new forum admins, etc.
Everybody should do what's possible and in the scope of their interest.
Our project is so huge that their is place for everybody and we the
project members accept this and welcome everybody.

If Hagar really step back and won't continue his great job it will be a
big lost. We appreciate your work and what you did for the
infrastructure, the CMS and everything else you do here or for other
projects. But in this special case you completely failed and it is even
more worse because you are a mentor. I am sure that nobody in this
project (excepting other mentors who are surprisingly quite) support
what you have done or better how you have tried to address this. But I
hope that you have learned your lesson as well from this.

I am personally not happy with the whole story but believe that we will
come stronger out of it and hopefully with Hagar!!!

Related to your concerns regarding the web pages, they need indeed a
cleanup and a lot of redesign and I think we have already thought about
it. But it is not the only working area that needs our focus and we
lived with the content for a while now. You can't grab volunteers from
trees like ripe apples ;-)

Juergen