incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On parks, commons, and websites... and fun (or lack of)
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 07:26:54 GMT
Hagar Delest wrote:
> You've taken the fun out of it. ...
> As a consequence, I resign from my PPMC role and will unsubscribe the
> dev & private mailing lists right now.

It's a very sad (hopefully temporary) consequence.

It proves that the OpenOffice project is not mature yet: it can still
happen that one person's (well-meant) behavior can force a valuable
contributor out of this project without this contributor having done
anything against the project.

This community must become stronger and more welcoming: we've improved a
lot in handling localization volunteers recently, and further
improvements will come naturally. But we can't afford to lose community
volunteers this way.

Regards,
   Andrea.