incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: AOO-LibreOffice comparison?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 06:43:05 GMT
On 7/18/12 4:11 AM, Peter Brawley wrote:
> On 2012-07-17 9:01 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> Hi Peter;
>>
>> I am going to be honest with you. Some people like to make asses of
>> themselves inpublic by posting comparisons of software they develop
>> against software that they have never tried (Hi Michael!).
> ?!
>>
>> Most of us simply don't run LibreOffice
> That seems unfortunate, why wouldn't AOO developers want to keep up to
> date with their main competition?

why do you think that, we don't see them as our main competitor. Why
should we? They are based on the same code base, they rebase currently
to our latest code and they are constantly merging bug fixes and in the
future features as well from AOO into their code. They also do good work
and it would be great if we could combine our efforts.

We would be happy to work with the developers on the same code base
directly and invite every single individual developer to think about it.
If you want to reach most people with your development work, you should
join and start with AOO as the common base. The payment for open source
developers is fun in the project, and the wide usage of their work. Both
can you find here in our project and you can have influence on it, you
can help to drive the project and the success.

A lot of work not only for developers, we can benefit from marketing
people, translators, testers, documentation authors, .... something to
do for everybody who is interested to work in such a huge open source
project.

Juergen