incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should quickstarter be enabled or disabled by default?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 05:30:27 GMT
On 18/07/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> Well supposedly problems with it have been fixed, but quickstarter does
>> seem to have its issues. ...
> Maybe this is worth a performance test, to see whether QuickStart
> really is quick, and by how much?

Besides making startup "quicker", it also makes access to new documents
creation and file opening handier, since the tray icon can be
right-clicked for several common functions.

I'd support keeping it active by default. The main reason to disable
QuickStart in OpenOffice 3.4 is that it starts in full-screen mode due
to a bug already fixed for 3.4.1.

Regards,
   Andrea.