incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From toki <toki.kant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Draft] The Public Service Mission of OpenOffice
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:33:02 GMT
On 07/17/2012 04:03 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> Additionally, users who create documents must do their part to ensure that the documents
they create
> work well with assistive technology, for example through the use of image captions, consistent
list levels, etc.  OpenOffice provides
> strong accessibility support, including broader ecosystem support via extensions, for
working with Braille printers, exporting to DAISY talking books, etc.

have you ever giving the Braille or DAISY output from OOo to a blind
person?  If so, were they able to successfully use it?

My experience is that those extensions provide a nice checkbox, but
blind users can not utilize the output of those extensions.

jonathon