incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Built-in functionality to reset profile (Re: NewWikiMainPage)
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:03:33 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> Since this seems to be such a common "solution", I wonder if we should
> add this directly to the product?  Something like a Help menu item, or
> Help/Support menu for "reset profile on restart" or something like
> that.

This would be a fantastic addition and would make support much easier.
But as Rory wrote it cannot be included in the product itself.

Which actually makes this more interesting... Because if someone manages
to hack together a simple script to rename the user profile and a way to
include it in menus, then this would be great and it would even be
possible to (crazily) think to include it in 3.4.1; or provide it as a
separate download, even from an "unofficial" source like people.apache.org

Regards,
   Andrea.