incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with open office apache
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:13:37 GMT
On 2012-07-17 12:40 AM Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM, <ironmancopeland@aol.com> wrote:
>> Hello sir/ma'am,
>>
>> I would like to inquire on how to fix a recent problem i have been having.
>> when i first open, open office i get a pop up that reads
>>
>> restore windows
>> The application “OpenOffice.org” unexpectedly quit while trying to restore
>> its windows.  Do you want to try to restore its windows again?
>>
>> Don't restore windows      Restore windows
>>
>> neither of the buttons (don't/restore) do anything, and the pop up will
>> not go away regardless of how many times i open/close open office (which i
>> have to force close because it won't by normal means), and i am not sure
>> what else to do because there is no close window on the particular pop up.
>>
>> this pop up gets in the way of a lot of features, such as saving the
>> documents or closing the program, to name a few,
>>
>> and the pop up won't go into the back so i have to drag it over to a
>> corner of the screen.
>>

>> Thank you for your assistance,
>>
>> Connor
> I remember there was a way to ignore this message and go on to the
> application. However it tried to restore a file and not the program itself.
>
> A solution is to go to the Application Data/User/OpenOffice.org/ and rename
> that folder. That will delete the temporary file about trying to restore
> OpenOffice.

That won't solve the problem. The file that needs to be deleted is not in that folder

> On Mac here is a blogpost that does the same.

That solution requires the use of the command line in Terminal. There is a simpler (safer
for
people who do not know how to use the command line) method.

Delete the file "org.openoffice.script.savedState".
It is located this folder: /Users/<user name>/Library/Saved Application State
The user/library folder is hidden in Lion.
In finder, Option-click the Go menu to locate the user library.

> I think is less drastic to just delete the temporary file since deleting
> the whole folder will get rid of your custom settings (if you have any).

And it will solve the problem. Deleting the user profile won't.

reply to me personally but just to the list at <ooo-users@incubator.apache.org> - replies
to my
personal email address will be ignored.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.To

subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/mailing-lists.html

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com