incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: development question of future feature
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:46:44 GMT
On 7/16/12 6:35 AM, Christopher Jackson wrote:
> I am writing to ask you if there is any desire among you and the developers
> of OpenOffice to update the user interface for the suite?
>

> your competitor, microsoft of course has updated their user interface. as a
> simple user, I think updating the user interface would greatly improve the
> product. we can't always sit in one spot and never change.

sure, if somebody comes up with good ideas how to improve the UI to make
the work more intuitive or easier for users we are open for changes.

Symphony has some nice UI changes that we will probably integrate or at
least adapt in AOO over time.

Feel free to provide your own ideas to the project, explain and discuss
new ideas for UI changes here on the list.

Juergen