incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QA discuss] How to make keywords(tags) better used
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:20:24 GMT
On 13.07.2012 04:41, Shan Zhu wrote:
> Perhaps, we can tag the interoperability issue about MSoffice2007 and
> MSoffice2010 together using tag "interop_OOXML".
>
> 2 reasons:
> 1. This type of issues ususally exist with files created in both of the two
> versions.
> 2. For many sample files, especially files from the users or download from
> website, we can not know exactly that which version of Office had been used
> to created/modified them.

These are good reasons and there was no opposing argument, so I assume
that "lazy consensus" applies here: The new keyword was added.

> PS: Another question is which tag we should used to mark the issue found in
> .xls that created by MSoffice2007/2010, even the eariler Office versions.
> "interop_ms2003" can not cover the issue in such a scenario. Using
> "interop_MSbinary" instead ?

There is a keyword named "ms_interoperability" and 758 issues are
already flagged with it:
   https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?keywords=ms_interoperability
To make it and the new interop_OOXML symmetric and orthogonal again it
should IMHO be renamed e.g. to interop_MSbinary. Is that what was meant?

Herbert