incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [HELP] How to get started?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 17:25:47 GMT
Hi,

Nazmul Alam schrieb:
> Hello everybody, I am new to open source software development. I have some
> beginner's questions
> 1. What are the tools needed for OOA development?

If you will start with core development, the first step is to get an own
build. Please look at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO.
Don't hesitate to ask here, if something does not work as described there.

If you will develop extensions, you should start with downloading the SDK.

> 2. Is there any preferred operating system our any will do?

What do you like to use? You will find links to those things, which are
special for an operating system in the Wiki-page mentioned above.

Kind regards
Regina