incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Java download link on AOO site
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:38:28 GMT
On 7/12/12 9:44 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2012, at 12:04 PM, Hagar Delest wrote:
>
>> Le jeu. 12 juil. 2012 00:39:17 CEST, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
a écrit :
>>> Why does Hagar need an agent to carry this out?  Isn't
>>> Hagar a committer and therefore can't he edit the page
>>> himself with the CMS?
>>>

>>> JFDI Hagar.  This does not need discussion unless you require
>>> more documentation about how to use the CMS.
>>
>> Sorry but I know nothing about that.
>> I'm a committer because it's a requirement to be PPMC but I don't intend to have
any activity in such areas.

> I did this and published the site. It took 3 minutes. It is very easy to make simple
edits. Rob has made a good video tour.

> Joe has spent a lot of effort creating the Apache CMS and making sure that it worked
for projects like ours.

> Let's not consider his short messages encouraging people to be anything negative. It
is more like encouraging someone to dive into the pool for the first time.

I don't want to comment the so called mentor advice here on this thread
further. People who have read this thread have learned the lesson or
anti lesson depending from where you are coming and looking on the project.

It would be nice if all people could do everything in the project but
the reality looks different. Especially if a project is so huge as AOO
and where a lot of non developers are part of the project. I don't see a
real problem here. Everybody should do what he can do and what the time
allows.

And by the way it's a requirement of Apache to be a committer to get
access to some tools etc.

Just an appeal and advice from me to Hagar

1. keep on doing your good work for the project and especially in the
forum, it is very important work and the project needs you!!!

2. if you have time and if you are interested to learn more about the
CMS watch the video from Rob
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcDZN3Lu6HA) that Dave has mentioned
already. It is of course no rocket science and you can make smaller
changes quite easy.

Have a nice weekend

Juergen