incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: comments.apache.org
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:35:28 GMT
On 07/10/2012 05:20 PM, drew jensen wrote:

> So - I wasn't sure on that - could I actually embed that into a page
> right now, just by changing those variable in the js example and
> 'go-live' with it, as a separate dashboard, for a set of files - just
> like that, no further need to ask someone to create something?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> //drew

In theory yes, you could just use the snippets in place for either httpd
or trafficserver (and add your own shortname, fx. ooo-test) and it would
work, but to make it work properly, you'd first have to request project
admin status on comments.a.o and then create those sites using the site
creator (which will appear once you have the rights to do so). that
would then give you a HTML snippet you can insert, as well as access to
add non-committers as moderators and such ( see
https://comments.apache.org/help.html#noncoms for that by the way).

So, to reiterate, the proper way to go about testing this out is:
1) Ask Infra to add you (or your VP, whomever they allow) as a project
admin.
2) Create the site (or the sites) in the site chooser on comments.a.o
3) Fetch the HTML snippet and insert it on the page(s) you wish to test
it on (if you use the Apache CMS, please read the note regarding
snippets and the CMS)

Don't be afraid to ask Infra, they won't bite...hard.

With regards,
Daniel.